Presents of Mind blog
allus a reet good choice
We’re calling into Yorkshire as we continue our round-Britain tour of UK indies and creatives who grace the timeline of #UKGiftAM, our weekend #shopindie Twitter marketplace.
Yorkshire makers and designers all have the character and ingenuity associated with the White Rose county – as we hope our gift ideas selection shows.
It’s not a definitive list –we’ll be back to highlight more from this talent-packed county after we’ve visited other UK regions.
Clockwise (from top left):
Glorious gargoyles, goddesses and all manner of animal and bird sculptures are the speciality of Sheffield stonemason Natural Stone Carved Creations
Fun Yorkshire-themed clothing, gifts and greetings cards from Nidderdale’s Fettle. A tidy 50p from every item sold goes to local charities
Breakfast Smoothie gentle facial exfoliator – one of a myriad of Mediterranean inspired luxury and beauty spa products from Sheffield lifestyle consultant Meltemplespa
Quirky bead and charm jewellery – in this case, Czech glass dragonfly earrings– from Huddersfield jewellery designer Twiggypeasticks
Leeds-based C.J.Hanley bring the personal handmade touch to flower/herb and veg planters, wine racks and candle holders
Feltmade friends from thisfeltedhouse – one of more than 70 local crafters, makers, designers and artists brought together under the Our Handmade Collective roof at the Grand Arcade, Leeds, by Handmade by Natalie and Little Shop of Lathers
Handmade book bag from York’s Zebra Mingo Crafts, creator of beautiful useful plastic-free bags in a variety of themes from fabrics
Yorkshire is definitely on the map at Hull-based Underdog Studio. They create prints of modern transport style maps for UK towns and cities – including Sheffield, Leeds, York and Harrogate
Centre – Personalised dippy egg breakfast oak board from Wooden You Love of Sowerby Bridge - specialists in handmade wooden items featuring the art of pyrography
Wherever you live in the UK, Join us for UKGiftAM on Twitter every Saturday and Sunday from 9am-noon. We’re the #giftfinder at your fingertips!
• We reproduce product pictures with the sole intention of promoting the work of the UK indie or creative concerned. Where possible, we will link it to the owner's site to make it easier for potential customers to reach the buying point. We are not interested in or in any way attempting to pass off the products or pictures as our own. If you are an indie or creative and you are unhappy with any aspect of our presentation, please get in touch and we will cooperate to ensure all due permissions and credits are honoured and made clear #shopindie #supportsmallbusiness
Share this page …
Comments: 1 (Add)
You aren’t signed in to our site right now. Sign in or create an account here for access to 365 days of gift ideas.
Keep up to date with latest tips, offers and inspiration – join our mailing list.
- August 2019 (1 entry)
- July 2019 (2 entries)
- April 2019 (1 entry)
- March 2019 (1 entry)
- February 2019 (3 entries)
- January 2019 (1 entry)
- October 2018 (2 entries)
- September 2018 (4 entries)
- August 2018 (3 entries)
- March 2018 (1 entry)
- February 2018 (3 entries)
- January 2018 (1 entry)
- December 2017 (1 entry)
- November 2017 (2 entries)
- October 2017 (7 entries)
- September 2017 (4 entries)
- August 2017 (2 entries)
- July 2017 (2 entries)
- June 2017 (1 entry)