Presents of Mind blog
for the love of valentine's - shop indie!
If you want to give with true love on Valentine’s Day, give something that was created with true love.
That means any one of the gift ideas carefully and skilfully crafted by UK independent and creative makers.
They put their hearts into #lovegiftsday on the Twitter marketplace #UKGiftHour #UKGiftAM at the weekend.
Their inspiration followed the course of true love throughout – we’ve picked out some charmers here but our selection is by no means definitive. If you’re on Twitter, the #lovegiftsday hashtag is there for you to scroll through; a bounty of gift ideas is also being posted on the #UKGiftAM Facebook group page.
We hope to feast your eyes to another selection soon but, for now, throw some admiring glances this way (clockwise, from top left):
- If you’re contemplating the full Valentine’s approach – popping the question or planning a wedding – couple it with some handmade ring dishes from Shropshire photography magnifico CW Photo Art
- Bouquets are beautiful but floral wreaths are positively blooming – especially from award-winning Armagh garland designer Jasmine & Lily. Peonies and hydrangea feature in this Valentine’s extravaganza.
- Give the occasion a silver lining with exquisite handcraft jewellery from Leicester silversmith and designer The Sylverling Workshop. Traditional tools and methods are used to produce stunners like these heart earrings.
- The way to your Valentine’s heart could be through these fused glass hanging decorations from East Sussex jewellery designer Maisy Plum. A cute and stylish token of affection, they make great sun catchers too.
- Lift the lid on your emotions with a romantic ring box from the enchanting range of Scarborough wedding gift grandmasters OhSoLoveleigh. All the luxury boxes have a leatherette interior and can be personalised.
- Ylang ylang, jasmine and clary sage oils are all well known for being aphrodisiac – and all feature in the Natura Venus Oil from the natural plant-based self-care product and gift ideas range of aromatherapist Crafty Bijoux Boutique.
- Candles always set a perfect mood and they don’t come more bewitching than this patchouli-scented love candle with potent love herbs and rose quartz crystals from Oxfordshire family-run luxury soy candle business The Magick Cauldron.
- Forge your relationship with spectacular welded hearts from Wiltshire artist and blacksmith Melissa Cole. Melissa hand forges metalwork for the home and garden and her Love Heart features tapered scroll details to the top and flared curves for extra shape and style.
- Centre: You’ve heard of love birds – now, thanks to Edinburgh arts and crafts specialists Elbri Crafts, we’ve got dove birds! It’s an adorable hand-painted white dove nesting doll set in which you could even hide a little love note. . .
Join us for #UKGiftHour #UKGiftAM on Twitter every weekend from 9am-noon – we’re the #shopindie giftfinder at your fingertips! #supportsmallbusiness
• We reproduce product pictures with the sole intention of promoting the work of the UK indie or creative concerned. Where possible, we will link it to the owner's site to make it easier for potential customers to reach the buying point. We are not interested in or in any way attempting to pass off the products or pictures as our own. If you are an indie or creative and you are unhappy with any aspect of our presentation, please get in touch and we will cooperate to ensure all due permissions and credits are honoured and made clear #shopindie #supportsmallbusiness
Share this page …
Comments: 1 (Add)
You aren’t signed in to our site right now. Sign in or create an account here for access to 365 days of gift ideas.
Keep up to date with latest tips, offers and inspiration – join our mailing list.
- March 2020 (1 entry)
- February 2020 (3 entries)
- January 2020 (1 entry)
- November 2019 (1 entry)
- October 2019 (2 entries)
- September 2019 (2 entries)
- August 2019 (2 entries)
- July 2019 (2 entries)
- April 2019 (1 entry)
- March 2019 (1 entry)
- February 2019 (3 entries)
- January 2019 (1 entry)
- October 2018 (2 entries)
- September 2018 (4 entries)
- August 2018 (3 entries)
- March 2018 (1 entry)
- February 2018 (3 entries)
- January 2018 (1 entry)
- December 2017 (1 entry)
- November 2017 (2 entries)
- October 2017 (7 entries)
- September 2017 (4 entries)
- August 2017 (2 entries)
- July 2017 (2 entries)
- June 2017 (1 entry)