Presents of Mind blog
natural #giftideas wonders
You’ve heard people talking about the wonders of nature.
Well, UK indies and creatives produced it in spades on #naturegiftsday – the latest in a series of special #UKGiftHour #UKGiftAM theme days on Twitter – last weekend.
Makers were truly inspired, drawing on all forms of the world around us in a bountiful display of #giftideas. We wish we could go wild and reproduce them all – it always seems unfair to single some out – but here’s what we’ve picked for now:
Clockwise (from top left):
- Photo pendants – with images ranging from plant cells to rock thin sections as seen under the microscope – from York scientific gift maestros SciArtImages
- Framed autumn gold leaf collage from Shipley digital artist Crafty Arts
- Ladybird earrings with frosted Indian agate beads from Shropshire nature-loving artist and maker Pagan Nature
- Hand-crafted leaf jewellery created using images transposed onto aluminium from Surrey photographer and maker Photofinish Jewellery
- Skeleton mermaid, squid and octopus from the weird and wonderful world of Cornwall mixed media sculptor Kurious Things
- Glass bead and wire tree sculpture from Cornwall-based wire tree artist Twysted Roots
- Beebombs containing 18 species of native British wildflowers to revive garden bee populations from Edinburgh arts, crafts and homeware collective Art and Craft Collective
- Goldfinch embroidered lavender bag from innovative Chilterns stitch designer Embroidered Collection
- Centre - hand-painted woodland hanging pebbles from Edinburgh arts and crafts topliners Elbri Crafts
Join us on #UKGiftHour UKGiftAM on Twitter every Saturday and Sunday from 9am-noon for weekly #giftideas magic. We’re the #supportsmallbusiness #giftfinder at your fingertips!
• We reproduce product pictures with the sole intention of promoting the work of the UK indie or creative concerned. Where possible, we will link it to the owner's site to make it easier for potential customers to reach the buying point. We are not interested in or in any way attempting to pass off the products or pictures as our own. If you are an indie or creative and you are unhappy with any aspect of our presentation, please get in touch and we will cooperate to ensure all due permissions and credits are honoured and made clear #shopindie #supportsmallbusiness
Share this page …
Comments: 0 (Add)
You aren’t signed in to our site right now. Sign in or create an account here for access to 365 days of gift ideas.
Keep up to date with latest tips, offers and inspiration – join our mailing list.
- September 2019 (2 entries)
- August 2019 (2 entries)
- July 2019 (2 entries)
- April 2019 (1 entry)
- March 2019 (1 entry)
- February 2019 (3 entries)
- January 2019 (1 entry)
- October 2018 (2 entries)
- September 2018 (4 entries)
- August 2018 (3 entries)
- March 2018 (1 entry)
- February 2018 (3 entries)
- January 2018 (1 entry)
- December 2017 (1 entry)
- November 2017 (2 entries)
- October 2017 (7 entries)
- September 2017 (4 entries)
- August 2017 (2 entries)
- July 2017 (2 entries)
- June 2017 (1 entry)