Presents of Mind blog
imaginative gift ideas for men
Gift ideas stereotypes were cast aside in a fast and furious #mensgiftsday special on #UKGiftHour #UKGiftAM last weekend.
UK indies and creatives treated the ever-popular Twitter marketplace to a surge of lateral thinking with Fathers Day approaching.
More than 90 makers brought thoughtful and original #shopindie #giftideas to the party – and this is just the first review we’re going to make of some of the inspiration on show.
Clockwise (from top left):
- Men like fashion too. . . these quality upcycled cotton scarves are from Durham fashion designer Paloule Scarves "and can be made in any team’s colours," she adds
- Men like jewellery too. . . and Kent jewellery designer Amanda Tamsin Jewellery told us this earth colours glass and wooden bead shamballa bracelet would be a great choice
- Men like pampering too. . . and Devon natural soap, shampoo and lip balm maker Soap & Pamper can offer handcrafted soaps in gift boxes as well as shaving kits
- Men like baking too. . . Worcestershire baking and party suppliers Marvellous Mixes suggested gifting a mix or baking one yourself and gifting the results
- Men like crafting too. . . and Derbyshire craft kit designers and producers Krasnaya Crafts thought this Ozzie Owl needle felting picture kit would provide the ideal opportunity
- Men like cooking too. . . and a spalted hardwood rolling pin from Staffordshire wood artisans Whispers of Wood would offer a handsome helping hand
- Men like accessories too. . . and a large Japanese linen toilet bag featuring retro scooters from Leicestershire bag maker and pattern designer Sew Sofia would be a handy place to park their personal products
- We’re not sure if men like hanging out the washing too. . . but the peg bags from Yorkshire crafter Tykes Boutique are multi-purpose and she also has dashing ranges of handkerchiefs, aprons and boxer shorts
- Centre: Men definitely like their mancaves. . . and they can be spruced up with some of the brightest and boldest handmade lamp shades around from East Sussex lampshade maker Bird and Button
For all these imaginative ideas and more, the #mensgiftsday hashtag on Twitter is still there to scroll through.
Join us for #UKGiftHour #UKGiftAM on Twitter every Saturday and Sunday from 9am-noon – there’s always fun, support and a very warm welcome!
Share this page …
Comments: 0 (Add)
You aren’t signed in to our site right now. Sign in or create an account here for access to 365 days of gift ideas.
Keep up to date with latest tips, offers and inspiration – join our mailing list.
- May 2020 (2 entries)
- April 2020 (1 entry)
- March 2020 (1 entry)
- February 2020 (3 entries)
- January 2020 (1 entry)
- November 2019 (1 entry)
- October 2019 (2 entries)
- September 2019 (2 entries)
- August 2019 (2 entries)
- July 2019 (2 entries)
- April 2019 (1 entry)
- March 2019 (1 entry)
- February 2019 (3 entries)
- January 2019 (1 entry)
- October 2018 (2 entries)
- September 2018 (4 entries)
- August 2018 (3 entries)
- March 2018 (1 entry)
- February 2018 (3 entries)
- January 2018 (1 entry)
- December 2017 (1 entry)
- November 2017 (2 entries)
- October 2017 (7 entries)
- September 2017 (4 entries)
- August 2017 (2 entries)
- July 2017 (2 entries)
- June 2017 (1 entry)