Presents of Mind blog
making first impressions count
What collective term should we give creative newcomers to #UKGiftAM? A galaxy of gifteds? A marvel of makers? There’s a flourish of first-timers every weekend to the Twitter hashtag hour that showcases and celebrates #shopindie #giftideas – and here we highlight some more who have burst onto the scene recently.
Clockwise from top left:
Peppermint foot lotion and moisturizing kaolin clay mask from Staffordshire natural and organic artisan skin carers NaturallyQueenBee
Man’s best friend teapot from Stoke Art Pottery, curators of handmade pottery from leading potters and ceramic artists around the world
Fake taxidermy trophy head from Hull sewing passionista and fabric gift ideas sage KraftyKoriginal
Handmade wall hanging from London home décor specialists It's OK Kid
Feather print Malini Fayre cushion from Cheshire’s happening hub of home accessories My Kind Of Interiors
Children’s book The Reynolds Five Adventures – based on a family’s real-life travels around Northern Ireland and Scotland – by Northern Ireland author and illustrator Sarah Jane Reynolds
Greeting cards packed with puns and innuendos from Docklands card designer doyenne Dippyfish Cards
Cork wrap journals and notebooks from Cambridge traditional bookbinder and contemporary designer Handcrafted Books by Sue Day
Centre – steampunk sterling silver heart pendant with Victorian clockwork cogs from jewellery design dynamos ClockworkPunk
Remember to #shopindie #shoplocal and #supportsmallbusiness not only in gifts but also in as many areas of your buying as possible.
And if you like to spend weekends in fun and supportive company, join us for #UKGiftAM on Twitter every Saturday and Sunday from 9am-noon – you’ll want to come back time after time!
• We reproduce product pictures with the sole intention of promoting the work of the UK indie or creative concerned. Where possible, we will link it to the owner's site to make it easier for potential customers to reach the buying point. We are not interested in or in any way attempting to pass off the products or pictures as our own. If you are an indie or creative and you are unhappy with any aspect of our presentation, please get in touch and we will cooperate to ensure all due permissions and credits are honoured and made clear #shopindie #supportsmallbusiness
Share this page …
Comments: 1 (Add)
You aren’t signed in to our site right now. Sign in or create an account here for access to 365 days of gift ideas.
Keep up to date with latest tips, offers and inspiration – join our mailing list.
- October 2019 (2 entries)
- September 2019 (2 entries)
- August 2019 (2 entries)
- July 2019 (2 entries)
- April 2019 (1 entry)
- March 2019 (1 entry)
- February 2019 (3 entries)
- January 2019 (1 entry)
- October 2018 (2 entries)
- September 2018 (4 entries)
- August 2018 (3 entries)
- March 2018 (1 entry)
- February 2018 (3 entries)
- January 2018 (1 entry)
- December 2017 (1 entry)
- November 2017 (2 entries)
- October 2017 (7 entries)
- September 2017 (4 entries)
- August 2017 (2 entries)
- July 2017 (2 entries)
- June 2017 (1 entry)