Presents of Mind blog
sales power to UK indies!
With the all-important Christmas season getting ever closer, we’re delighted to report more #giftideas power to UK indies and creatives!
Here’s the latest rundown of original and thoughtful gifts that buyers have snapped up during our three-hour Saturday morning and #Sunday morning Twitter marketplace.
Clockwise from top left:
- South Wales outdoor gift specialists Adventure Accessories kicked off last week’s #UKGiftHour #UKGiftAM hailing a #UKGiftHourPower sale – we don’t know if it was for these crochet ear warmer headbands but they’re worth recommending too!
- Cambridge traditional bookbinder CraftedBooksBySueDay reported another ker-ching during #UKGiftAM for her popular palm-size journal/notebook wrap, handcrafted using vegan and eco-friendly Portuguese cork
- The ‘amazing craftsmanship’ of Isle of Wight eco bag designer SammDesigns was highlighted by delighted customer Whispers of Wood, who added: “My friend will be so thrilled to receive it as a very special gift.”
- They’re slow burners but #UKGiftHour sales began to take-off for these handmade wooden log candle holders by Herefordshire wood creatives Goodmans Handmade
- No need to travel back in time – now was the ideal moment for a customer to buy this Doctor Who style scarf by South East knitter extraordinaire Granny’s Fireside, one of #shopindie collective under the umbrella of London fashion designer Masato Jones
- #UKGiftHourPower struck again for East Sussex jewellery designer MaisyPlum when she received a custom order one of her exquisite pill boxes
- Silver tree of life earrings by Yorkshire jewellery designer TwiggyPeasticks didn’t take long to find a new owner – posted on Saturday’s #UKGiftAM, it was announced on Sunday they’d been sold
- Sussex woodturner and artist MJA Wood attributed an order for his ‘C’ walking stick to positive feedback he had received to his ‘B’ walking stick on #UKGiftHour
- Centre – with Halloween approaching, there had to be interest in these cute pumpkin beanie hats by Buckinghamshire maker Bettysmumknits. And indeed another #UKGiftAM sale was rung up!
If you're selling or looking for gift ideas - or just like to spend time in fun and supportive company - there's always a welcome and plenty of inspiration at #UKGiftHour #UKGiftAM from 9am-midday every Saturday and Sunday.
• We reproduce product pictures with the sole intention of promoting the work of the UK indie or creative concerned. Where possible, we will link it to the owner's site to make it easier for potential customers to reach the buying point. We are not interested in or in any way attempting to pass off the products or pictures as our own. If you are an indie or creative and you are unhappy with any aspect of our presentation, please get in touch and we will cooperate to ensure all due permissions and credits are honoured and made clear #shopindie #supportsmallbusiness
Share this page …
Comments: 0 (Add)
You aren’t signed in to our site right now. Sign in or create an account here for access to 365 days of gift ideas.
Keep up to date with latest tips, offers and inspiration – join our mailing list.
- September 2019 (2 entries)
- August 2019 (2 entries)
- July 2019 (2 entries)
- April 2019 (1 entry)
- March 2019 (1 entry)
- February 2019 (3 entries)
- January 2019 (1 entry)
- October 2018 (2 entries)
- September 2018 (4 entries)
- August 2018 (3 entries)
- March 2018 (1 entry)
- February 2018 (3 entries)
- January 2018 (1 entry)
- December 2017 (1 entry)
- November 2017 (2 entries)
- October 2017 (7 entries)
- September 2017 (4 entries)
- August 2017 (2 entries)
- July 2017 (2 entries)
- June 2017 (1 entry)