Presents of Mind blog
#ukgiftam hits indie sales landmark
More than 50 UK indies and creatives can now call themselves #UKGiftHourPower players!
That’s the number of makers who have achieved sales on #UKGiftHour #UKGiftAM since the the Twitter #shopindie showcase began.
A flurry of purchases at the weekend saw the landmark figure reached.
“It’s no mean feat and it could easily be more than that,” said #UKGiftHour creator David Knight. “These figures rely on what feedback we’ve received – many, many more makers could have achieved sales without us knowing.”
Among the latest gift ideas and creatives attracting the call of the ker-ching were (clockwise from top left):
- Handmade sea glass jewellery by west of Scotland lochside designer ArgyllSeaGlass
- Baby keepsake pebble by Manchester creative Pebbles4Thought
- Headband/ear warmer by Hertfordshire slow fashion knitter KnitsandBobsKLR
- Wooden hanging bird house by Aberdeenshire wildlife food friends Hedge Buddies
- Seaglass flower by Fife sea glass and pottery artist fifeseaglass
- Personalised bunnies by London fun and celebration crafter AHeartlyCraft
- Mixed media wildlife artwork by Yorkshire textile artist and designer UniqueByHannah (accompanying card created by purchaser DellaByDesign)
- Handwoven two-tone shawl by weavers and fabrics fashionistas Neith Textiles
- Centre - painting of Firth of Clyde island Ailsa Craig by Glasgow artist Amazingraceart
Armagh garland designer Jasmine and Lily Floral Wreaths, East Sussex jewellery designer MaisyPlum, Sussex woodturner and artist MJAWOOD, Cambridge traditional bookbinder CraftedBooksBySueDay and Shropshire photographer and artist CWPhotoArt have also recently added to their #UKGiftAM sales tallies.
Join us for #UKGiftAM on Twitter every Saturday and Sunday from 9am-noon – we’re the #shopindie #giftfinder at your fingertips!
Share this page …
Comments: 0 (Add)
You aren’t signed in to our site right now. Sign in or create an account here for access to 365 days of gift ideas.
Keep up to date with latest tips, offers and inspiration – join our mailing list.
- July 2020 (1 entry)
- June 2020 (1 entry)
- May 2020 (1 entry)
- April 2020 (1 entry)
- March 2020 (1 entry)
- February 2020 (3 entries)
- January 2020 (1 entry)
- November 2019 (1 entry)
- October 2019 (2 entries)
- September 2019 (2 entries)
- August 2019 (2 entries)
- July 2019 (2 entries)
- April 2019 (1 entry)
- March 2019 (1 entry)
- February 2019 (3 entries)
- January 2019 (1 entry)
- October 2018 (2 entries)
- September 2018 (4 entries)
- August 2018 (3 entries)
- March 2018 (1 entry)
- February 2018 (3 entries)
- January 2018 (1 entry)
- December 2017 (1 entry)
- November 2017 (2 entries)
- October 2017 (7 entries)
- September 2017 (4 entries)
- August 2017 (2 entries)
- July 2017 (2 entries)
- June 2017 (1 entry)