Presents of Mind blog
welsh #giftideas talent sings out
It’s time to visit Wales on our round-UK tour of independent businesses and creatives who grace the timeline of #UKGiftAM, our weekend #shopindie Twitter marketplace.
As well as being the land of my fathers, it’s clearly the land of prodigious #giftideas – as we hope our selection shows.
It’s not absolutely everything Wales has to offer – there are many more magical makers and we’ll be back to highlight them after we’ve visited other parts of the UK.
Clockwise (from top left):
- Where better to start than with a Welsh dragon – in the form of a notebook/sketchbook – from Llanelli illustrator The Little Welsh Studio. Jackie Evans' creations also include ceramics, jewellery, bags and funky fun homeware.
- Paracord bracelet from Carmarthenshire outdoor gifts specialist Adventure Accessories – made from parachute cord, the bracelets can also be fashioned into keychains featuring the colours of your favourite team, charity or regiment.
- Baby friendship wish bracelets by Dimensional Art – the Barry-based handmade greeting card and gift provider strikes the right sentiments for birthdays, weddings, anniversary and all manner of celebrations.
- Botanical resin art by Cardiff’s Maia and the Wildflower – designer Jane’s daughter Maia collects wildflowers every day which Jane then incorporates into enchanting nature-inspired resin wall hangings, jewellery, memorial hearts and home décor.
- Painted lady butterfly cushion featuring an image captured by Grey Feather Photography of Aberystwyth – photographer Claire Scott’s bold and bright shots aim to capture the beautiful colours found in nature.
- All Good Things are Wild organic T-shirt by Conwy design collaboration Cawdaw – based in Llanfairfechan, their designs of clothing, tablet sleeves, tote bags and more focus on the natural environment.
- Luxury bubble bowl candle from Red Kite Candles of Powys spa village Llangammarch Wells. “Fruit Salad” has three layers of colour and scent – orange is tropical mango fragrance, yellow is zingy lemon and the red layer is strawberry.
- Handmade heirloom doll with hand embroidered face and crochet bag by Pembrokeshire creator of whimsical home décor and quirky characters Wubsys – one-of-a-kind treasures, keepsakes and conversational pieces.
- Centre – Handmade wooden Bwci-Bloc toys by Joey Bananas Handmade, Vale of Glamorgan designers and printers (in Welsh as well as English, of course) of fun monster-inspired cards, prints, books, notepads, bags and backpacks.
Wherever you live in the UK, join us for UKGiftAM on Twitter every Saturday and Sunday from 9am-noon. We’re the #supportsmallbusiness #giftfinder at your fingertips!
• We reproduce product pictures with the sole intention of promoting the work of the UK indie or creative concerned. Where possible, we will link it to the owner's site to make it easier for potential customers to reach the buying point. We are not interested in or in any way attempting to pass off the products or pictures as our own. If you are an indie or creative and you are unhappy with any aspect of our presentation, please get in touch and we will cooperate to ensure all due permissions and credits are honoured and made clear #shopindie #supportsmallbusiness
Share this page …
Comments: 0 (Add)
You aren’t signed in to our site right now. Sign in or create an account here for access to 365 days of gift ideas.
Keep up to date with latest tips, offers and inspiration – join our mailing list.
- September 2019 (2 entries)
- August 2019 (2 entries)
- July 2019 (2 entries)
- April 2019 (1 entry)
- March 2019 (1 entry)
- February 2019 (3 entries)
- January 2019 (1 entry)
- October 2018 (2 entries)
- September 2018 (4 entries)
- August 2018 (3 entries)
- March 2018 (1 entry)
- February 2018 (3 entries)
- January 2018 (1 entry)
- December 2017 (1 entry)
- November 2017 (2 entries)
- October 2017 (7 entries)
- September 2017 (4 entries)
- August 2017 (2 entries)
- July 2017 (2 entries)
- June 2017 (1 entry)